Thursday 18 December 2014

Yo! Yo! Yo! Jingling all the way with the red thread


"Christmas 2005. Roxy was almost 2... this is what it's all about."


Continuing on our merry journey, chatting with some of my favourite bloggers, today I'm chatting with the lovely Lisa Tilse of the red thread

I've been lucky enough to known Lisa for a few years. Perhaps when I first started reading craft blogs and dreaming that I too could be crafty (I can't). Over this time I've had the great joy of working with Lisa. She's an immense talent, completely humble, and the kindest, most generous person you could meet. 

I freaking love her. This interview just made me love her even more. 

Let's find out what puts the star on Lisa's Christmas tree. Or what makes her baubles burst. Let's do it! 


What do you do on Christmas eve?

Sometimes we go to look at Christmas lights, but we always listen to Carols sung by Dean Martin, organise refreshments for Santa and the reindeers, and I do last minute wrapping. Oh and I always spend a protracted time asking Roxy to control her excitement and go to sleep.


Please tell me your favourite Christmas childhood memory.

I loved the year that I got my dragster bike, complete with a floral seat, handlebar streamers and a basket. I think the bike was purple. Every Christmas was special growing up though - mum planned the menu for weeks, and we always shared the day with my nan, uncles and aunts and cousins. We had a huge family feast of everything from prawns and salad to roast and vegies, pudding and ice cream cake, followed by present opening... and thankfully never any family tension or conflicts!


What did you leave out for Santa? 

Usually fruit mince pies and a beer. When I realised the truth about Santa it became clear why Santa liked the same things as my dad.


What time do you get up on Christmas morning?

We are early risers everyday, but Christmas day is even earlier. It's usually around 5 or 5.30!


Favourite part of Christmas?

Everything. I love Christmas. I love the lead up to it and the decorating and planning as well as the happiness and excitement of the actual day. The photos above capture the spirit perfectly for me: excitement, joy, magic, innocence.


What's on your wish list this year?

Honestly there's nothing that I really need or wish for, but I do always love to receive design, art and craft books.


What's one thing you'll be gifting/giving this year?


Roxy is getting to an age where she likes to make her own decisions about many things, so one of her gifts will be some cash so she can buy a couple of things in the sales.I know she'll go for clothes and books! It's also good practice for her in managing money and making choices - supervised of course!


Read Lisa's blog - the red thread - here
Follow Lisa on Instagram here (seriously, do it, you can thank me later). 

1 comment:

theredthread said...

Oh Lexi - you re just too, too lovely! What a gorgeous intro. Thanks, and I freakin' love you back! x